Thursday 24 April 2008

Emmerdale star fighting mystery illness

Emmerdale star fighting mystery illness



'Emmerdale' star Clive Hornby is to take a break from the show amid fears over his health.
According to The Mirror newspaper, the 63-year-old is fighting an unnamed illness.
Hornby is 'Emmerdale's longest-serving cast member after making his first appearance as Jack Sugden 28 years ago.
He recently insisted that he loved the programme and had no plans to retire, saying: "I can't believe I'm still here sometimes. Some of the kids in the show weren't even born when I started.
"I can't imagine leaving - it would be the death of me, that. I'm happy to be doing it as long as they want me doing it."
A show spokesman said: "We can confirm that Clive is unwell but fully intends to return to work."
Hornby, who originally joined the soap on a three month contract, will be seen in episodes until mid-February.